Re: EM28xx based device support

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Andrea De Marsi
<andrea.demarsi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I now need to upgrade the linux kernel to a newer version (2.6.32 or newer);
> I followed the same path that was working with 2.6.24 (which is basically
> have the device recognized as an empia device) and in fact some images are
> visible but they are not stable; it seems as the new driver version was not
> capble of managing the NTSC format (in fact I noticed there is no more .norm
> field in the initialization structure).
> Do you have any advice?

A screenshot of what you are seeing would be useful (as well as the
dmesg output showing driver load as well as after your attempt to
capture)

Also, given your device I would assume that ".has_tuner" would
probably be zero and the tda9887_conf should not be populated at all.
And does the device really have two inputs?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com