Re: [ANNOUNCE] Media subsystem workshop 2011 - Prague - Oct 24-26

Hi Mauro,

On Wednesday 22 June 2011 20:33:34 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Media subsystem workshop 2011 - Prague - Oct 24-26
>
> Since 2007, we're doing annual mini-summits for the media subsystem,
> in order to plan the new features that will be introduced there.
>
> Last year, during the Kernel Summit 2010, it was decided that the Kernel
> Summit 2011 format will be modified, in order to strength the interaction
> between the several sub-system mini-summits and the main Kernel Summit.
> If this idea works well, the next Kernel Summits will also follow the
> same format.
>
> So, some mini-summits were proposed to happen together with the Kernel
> Summit 2011. Among a few others, the Media subsystem was accepted to be
> held with this year's Kernel Summit.
>
> So, we'd like to announce that the Media subsystem workshop 2011 will
> happen together with the Kernel Summit 2011.

Thank you for making this happen.

> The Media subsystem workshop is on early planning stages, but the idea
> is that we'll have an entire day to do the media discussions. We'll
> also planning to have workshop presentations inside the Kernel Summit
> 2011 with the workshop and Kernel Summit attendants present, where
> workshop results will be presented.
>
> So, I'd like to invite V4L, DVB and RC developers to submit proposals
> for the themes to be discussed. Please email me if you're interested
> on being invited for the event.

I'm definitely interested. As the event will gather developers from multiple
subsystems, I think we should have a sohrt Media Controller presentation. ALSA
is going to adopt the API, and KMS developers seem to be interested as well.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart