Re: [DVB] Octopus driver status

On Friday 24 June 2011 14:44:50 Simon Liddicott wrote:
> Do you have a Terratec Cinergy 2400i? It belongs to the ngene family but has
> PLL tuners. http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_2400i_DVB-T
>
> There are some drivers floating on the net that I have got to work in Ubuntu
> 8.04 but the current ngene drivers has moved on a long way and left it
> behind.

Sorry, I do not have this device, and I have no plans to work on it.
Terratec did not contribute in any way to the ngene driver. [1]

As always, patches are welcome.

CU
Oliver

[1] Some time ago I had a look at that driver, and found that it could
    not be added to the kernel, due to an GPL-incompatible proprietary
    license for some files.