Re: AverMedia A306 (cx23385, xc3028, af9013) (A577 too ?)

On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 17:37 +0200, wallak@xxxxxxx wrote:
> A307 may be close to the A306 board. I've found the following chips: cx23385,
> xc[34]?, lg3303). The demodulator is not the same, and follows the ATSC standard
> (The A306 is DVB-T compatible).
> Coordinating our works may be helpful, for example for the initialization and
> the proper reset of the I2C chips. By email that will be OK.
>
> Wallak.

We can take this discussion off-list whenever you are ready. The card is
in the machine on which I am typing this, so I cannot remove it and look
on the underside at this time, but IIRC there indeed is an LG chip
there. The markings on the tuner chip are covered by a thermal compound,
so I cannot read them at all, but my best guess based on the card's
specs is that it is an XC5000. I would like there to be some way to
identify the tuner programmatically, though. However, before beginning
work on the card, I would strongly prefer to verify the functionality of
its baseband inputs, and I lack the cable to attach to the baseband
connector on the card. Can you by any chance determine the pinout, so
that I could have such a cable made? Thank you.