Anchor Chips V4L2 driver

I'd like to write a driver for an Anchor Chips (seems to be bought by
Cypress) USB camera Linux driver sold as an AmScope MD1800.  It seems
like this implies I need to write a V4L2 driver.  The camera does not
seem its currently supported (checked on Fedora 13 / 2.6.34.8) and I did
not find any information on it in mailing list archives.  Does anyone
know or can help me identify if a similar camera might already be
supported?  lsusb gives the following output:

Bus 001 Device 111: ID 0547:4d88 Anchor Chips, Inc.

I've started reading the "Video for Linux Two API Specification" which
seems like a good starting point and will move onto using source code as
appropriate.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

John