Re: STV090x FE_READ_STATUS implementation

On Tue, 24 May 2011 19:47:17 +0200
SÃbastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) <sr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Does the STV6110 supports reporting of signal, carrier, viterbi and
> > sync ?
> >

> I've done some tests with the CineS2, that is using the STV6110A as
> the tuner and the STV0903 as the demodulator.
>
> The values you are searching for don't come from the tuner, but the
> demodulator.
>
> In my case, the STV0903 is reporting the five following states :
> SCVYL.

Indeed, after some more troubleshooting, I found out that the problem
is not in the STV6110 but in the STV090X code. The card I'm using is a
TT S2-1600.

The function stv090x_read_status() only reports the status when locked.

I couldn't find the datasheet either for this one. Manu is the
maintainer as well. Maybe he has more input on this.

In the meantime, I'll give a closer look at the code see if I can figure
out a way to fix that.

Thanks,
  Guy