From: Sakari Ailus [mailto:sakari.ailus@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:33 PM
To: Alex Gershgorin
Cc: 'Laurent Pinchart'; Michael Jones; 'linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'agersh@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: FW: OMAP 3 ISP

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 06:13:28PM +0300, Alex Gershgorin wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I liked the idea of a driver that returns fixed format and frame size.
> It certainly could solve my problem.
> On the other hand, from your correspondence to Laurent, I realized that it was already done work on improving V4L2 subdevs.
> Michael patch of which you speak will help solve my problem without writing a special driver?
> Advise in what direction to go in my case?

Hi Alex,

You still need a driver, but with the patches you can easily implement that
as a driver for a platform device. The driver itself wouldn't have to do
much more than to return a fixed format and size when queried.

--
Sakari Ailus
sakari dot ailus at iki dot fi

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6147 (20110524) __________