Re: pxa ccic driver based on soc_camera and videobuf

Hi Kassey

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Kassey Lee wrote:

> hi, Guennadi, Hans:
>
>       I just converted  Marvell CCIC driver from ccic_cafe to
> soc_camera + videobuf, and make it stable and robust.

Nice!

>       do you accept the soc_camera + videobuf to the latest kernel ?

My understanding is, that since videobuf2 is really an improved videobuf,
the latter shall be deprecated and removed in some time, after all
existing drivers are converted, so, there is no point in developing new
drivers with videobuf. That said, the conversion is not very difficult,
so, please, either do it yourself (preferred;)), or post your driver as is
and we'll help you convert it.

Thanks
Guennadi
---