Re: Patches still pending at linux-media queue (18 patches)

On Thursday, May 05, 2011 05:58:51 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> [...]
>
> I've made a hard effort to recover those patches, and also did the kernel.org maintainer.
> John, thank you for your help.
>
> I also did an effort to cleanup most of the old stuff from patchwork. On several cases,
> the patch were already applied, or another approach was taken. I also fixed manually some
> trivial troubles I've detected.
>
> There are still 18 patches pending for merge, as described bellow.
>
> 		== New patches ==
>
> Those require more tests and/or reviews to be applied, as they are new. There are two patches
> related to UVC, 2 patches related to stv0899, 2 patches for cx18 and one VB1 patch. The last
> one requires more care, as videobuf is used on lots of drivers, So, tests for it are welcome.
>
> Apr,29 2011: [1/2] V4L/DVB: v4l2-dev: revert commit c29fcff3daafbf46d64a543c1950bbd http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/740691  Bob Liu <lliubbo@xxxxxxxxx>
> Apr,29 2011: [2/2] media:uvc_driver: Add support for NOMMU arch                     http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/740671  Bob Liu <lliubbo@xxxxxxxxx>
> May, 4 2011: stb0899: Fix not locking DVB-S transponder                             http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/753382  Lutz Sammer <johns98@xxxxxxx>
> May, 4 2011: TT-budget S2-3200 cannot tune on HB13E DVBS2 transponder               http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/753392  Lutz Sammer <johns98@xxxxxxx>
> May, 3 2011: cx18: Clean up mmap() support for raw YUV                              http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/749832  Simon Farnsworth <simon.farnsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> May, 4 2011: cx18: Bump driver version to 1.5.0                                     http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/753402  Simon Farnsworth <simon.farnsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Apr,19 2011: videobuf_pages_to_sg: sglist[0] length problem                         http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/718421  Newson Edouard <newsondev@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> 		== mantis patches - Waiting for Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> ==
>
> Manu,
> 	Can you please review those two patches?
>
> Aug, 7 2010: Refactor Mantis DMA transfer to deliver 16Kb TS data per interrupt     http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/118173  Marko Ristola <marko.ristola@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Jun,11 2010: stb0899: Removed an extra byte sent at init on DiSEqC bus              http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/105621  Florent AUDEBERT <florent.audebert@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> 		== Waiting for Steven Stoth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> review ==
>
> Steven,
> 	This patch is here for a long time. Could you please check what's the status of it?
>
> Nov,24 2010: [media] saa7164: poll mask set incorrectly                             http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/351711  Dan Carpenter <error27@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> 		== Waiting for Hans Verkuil <hansverk@xxxxxxxxx> review ==
>
> Hans,
> 	I believe that want to replace this patch by something else, but better to keep it at the list while you don't

Feel free to merge this. It makes a broken driver slightly less broken.

I don't know when I will have time to create a proper patch that fixes this
driver. I need to get the work I'm doing on the control framework done first,
and that is taking a lot longer than I would like. But there is no sense in
keeping this patch back.

While working on the control framework I found a few bugs. I'll try to make
a pull request fixing them today or tomorrow at the latest.

Regards,

	Hans