Re: ngene CI problems

Hi Issa,
Running a bunch of test with gnutv and a DuoFLEX S2.
I have a DuoFlex S2 running with CI, but not nGene based (it's attached to Octopus card - ddbridge module).

I would run gnutv  like 'gnutv -out stdout channelname >
/dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0' and then 'cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0 | mplayer -'
Mplayer would complain the file is invalid. Simply running simply 'cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0' will show me the same data pattern over and over.
I suspect the problem is that reads/writes are not aligned to 188 bytes with such invocation of commands. Maybe if you tried replacing 'cat' and '>' with 'dd' (bs=188). Other important thing seems to be, to read from the caio0 fast enough or real data is overwritten with null packets (haven't proved it, but it looks this way on nGene).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Martin Vidovic