Re: OMAP3 ISP and tvp5151 driver.

Hi Laurent,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi LoÃc,
>
> On Wednesday 30 March 2011 13:05:08 LoÃc Akue wrote:
>> Hi Laurent,
>>
>> > The OMAP3 ISP should support interleaving interlaced frames, but that's
>> > not implemented in the driver. You will need to at least implement
>> > interlaced frames support in the CCDC module to report field identifiers
>> > to userspace.
>>
>> Are you saying that the OMAP ISP could be configured to provide some full
>> field frames on the CCDC output? I'm looking at the ISP's TRM but I can't
>> find anything interesting.
>
> Look at the "Line-Output Control" section in the OMAP3 TRM (SWPU177B, page
> 1201).
>
>> Or is it the job of the user space application to recompose the image with
>> the interleaved frames?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Laurent Pinchart
> --

I'm using tvp5151 in DaVinci with the drivers/media/video/tvp5150.c
driver with little modification to enhance v4l2 interface.
It works.
Now I'm moving to dm3730 and I see that evm dm3730 uses tvp514x-int.c
from Arago tree, that is really different from tvp514x.c .
I'm trying to understand if I need to create a tvp5150-int.c using the
call v4l2_int_device_register instead of v4l2_i2c_subdev_init.
The drivers/media/video/omap34xxcam.c driver calls
v4l2_int_device_register and so it needs v4l2_int_device_register.

Maybe you have done some modifications to
drivers/media/video/tvp5150.c that I could merge with mines ?

Bye,
Raffaele