Re: OMAP3 ISP deadlocks on my new arm

On Monday 18 April 2011 16:17:15 David Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Bastian Hecht wrote:

> >> streamoff should finish synchronously with last ongoing data. So, it
> >> should have no ongoing data afterwards. Was that your question?
> >
> > I formulated my reply a bit strange. I meant that that the ongoing
> > datastream from my camera module (even when the isp-stack is in
> > stream_stopped state) produces my problem. The question was if it
> > should be allowed for the camera to send data all time long or only
> > when it is told to do so by s_stream.
>
> I may assume you are mentioning a pipeline which includes camera
> sensor + ISP. In this case there should be no data.

That's the ideal situation: sensors should not produce any data (or rather any
transition on the VS/HS signals) when they're supposed to be stopped.
Unfortunately that's not always easy, as some dumb sensors (or sensor-like
hardware) can't be stopped. The ISP driver should be able to cope with that in
a way that doesn't kill the system completely.

I've noticed the same issue with a Caspa camera module and an OMAP3503-based
Gumstix. I'll try to come up with a good fix.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart