Re: [RFC] V4L2 API for flash devices

Hi Laurent,

Sakari Ailus wrote:
> Laurent Pinchart wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Laurent,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the comments!

>>> That's a good question.
>>>
>>> The adp1653 supports also additional control (not implemented in the
>>> driver, though) that affect hardware strobe length. Based on register
>>> setting, the led will be on after strobe either until the timeout
>>> expires, or until the strobe signal is high.
>>>
>>> Should this be also part of the same control, or a different one?
>>
>> That can be controlled by a duration control. If the duration is 0, the flash
>> is lit for the duration of the external strobe, otherwise it's lit for the
>> programmed duration.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Thinking about this again; there won't be a separate duration control
and the hardware timeout can't be zero in a general case.

So this is not an option, and I don't think we'd want to add duration
control for this purpose.

What about V4L2_CID_FLASH_EXTERNAL_STROBE_EDGE?

--
Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx