Re: OMAP3 ISP outputs 5555 5555 5555 5555 ...

Hi Bastian,

On Friday 25 March 2011 13:34:10 Bastian Hecht wrote:
> 2011/3/24 Bastian Hecht <hechtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> It means that the ISP doesn't write data to the buffer. I have no idea
> >> why.
>
> This simple and clear statement directly led me to the problem :)
>
> There was no cam_wen (write enable) pin on both my camera boards. The
> ISP on the other hand is configured by default to expect it. So I only
> captured images when my data lanes luckily pulled up the omap wen pin
> by induction.
>
> In ccdc_config_sync_if() I added:
>
>         /* HACK */
>         printk(KERN_ALERT "Disable wen\n");
>         syn_mode &= ~ISPCCDC_SYN_MODE_WEN;
>
> So is this something to add to the platform data? I can prepare my
> very first kernel patch :)

The WEN bit controls whether the CCDC module writes to memory or not. It's not
supposed to interact with the external cam_wen signal. If you clear the WEN
bit, the CCDC is supposed not to write data to memory at all.

What you might need to check is the EXWEN bit in the same register. It
controls whether the CCDC uses the cam_wen signal or not. The EXWEN bit should
already be set to zero by the driver though.

Does clearing the WEN bit fix your issue ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart