Re: Problem with saa7134: Asus Tiger revision 1.0, subsys 1043:4857

Jason Hecker <jwhecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I seem to have fixed the problem for now.  It's the hoary old problem
>of Mythtv's backend coming up and accessing the cards before the
>firmware has loaded onto the cards.  Adding in a startup delay to
>myth-backend's init script has solved the problem, for now.  The
>firmware seems to load now on Mythbuntu 10.04 without a problem.
>
>Is there some way to put a lock in the driver or even speed up the
>process of loading the firmware with some command line arguments when
>the saa7134 driver is loaded?
>--
>in
>the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ivtv and cx18 driver have that sort of logic in them.  Look for init_on_first_open and serialized_open functions that set some firmware loading related bit flags.

I'm not sure what saa7134 does, but devloping a patch to add something similar shouldn't be rocket science for anyone with time, test hardware, and motivation.

-Andy