RE: mt9p031 support for Beagleboard.

<snip>

> > BeagleXM supports set of parallel sensors (MT9V113, MT9P031, MT9T111,
> > etc...),  out of this I believe reset gpio, regulator and data channel
> > path enable part is going to be common between all of the sensors.
> >
> > The things which will be different would be, especially clock
> configuration
> > and i2c address. I2C address is going to be very crucial and need some
> > thinking, since there are sensors with same I2C address.
>
> I2C addresses, signals polarities and data lane shifting will need to be
> configured.
>
> > I guess I am still not following you completely (must be missing
> > something), would you mind help me to understand your concern here.
>
> Those parameters all need to be provided by board code. You can't push a
> patch
> that adds hardcoded support for the MT9P031 to the board-omap3beagled.c
> file
> upstream, as not all Beagleboards will have an MT9P031 sensor connected
> (or
> even any sensor at all). How can we push the code upstream and still make
> it
> configurable enough ?

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I don't think some of these parameters we can make configurable, for example, platform_data for sensor, it has to be sensor specific. I2C address, it has to be sensor dependent, etc...

Also, I am quite not sure how can we make things configurable based on presence of daughter card here. If we do not have daughter card connected to board, enumeration will fail.

> > [By next week I should be able to make all my changes public (into my
> Arago
> > repo) for reference]
>
> There are too many repositories with code lying around. We should try to
> coordinate our efforts.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I agree with you.

Thanks,
Vaibhav