Re: [linux-dvb] Simultaneous recordings from one frontend

Le mercredi 09 mars 2011 Ã 14:41 +0100, Pascal JÃrgens a Ãcrit :
> Hi all,
>
> - the RTP streaming apps (dvblast, mumudvb, dvbyell etc.) are designed
> to allow multiple listeners. The ideal solution would be something
> like an interface-local ipv6 multicast (mumudvb recommends using a TTL
> of 0 to prevent packets from exiting the machine, but that seems like
> a cludge). Sadly, I haven't gotten that to work [4].

Hello

With MuMuDVB you can stream to 127.0.0.1 with different ports for each
channel

Unfortunately the stable release is pretty old so it will be better if
you use snapshots

If you have question about how to configure it do do that you can
contact me directly

> [4] dvblast, for example, gives "warning: getaddrinfo error: Name or
> service not known
> error: Invalid target address for -d switch" when using [ff01::1%eth0]
> as the target address.
> Additionally, I wasn't able to consume a regular ipv4 multicast with
> two instances of mplayer - the first one worked, the second one
> couldn't access the url.

Concerning this issue I can give you a very simple program which dump
traffic from a multicast address. The sockets options are set
differently than mplayer so multiple instances can run simultaneously

Regards

--
Brice