Re: [Query][soc_camera] How to handle hosts w/color conversion built in?

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Sergio Aguirre wrote:

> > Of course, this is supported. See sh_mobile_ceu.c, mx3_camera, pxa_camera,
> > omap1_camera. Just search for the format array defined with "static const
> > struct soc_mbus_pixelfmt" and see how it is used. Feel free to ask again,
> > if you have more questions.
>
> Ahh... OK. I understand now :)
>
> So, you basically first determine the count of sensor formats, by looping
> through enum_mbus_fmt in the sensor, and with every call to get_formats with
> the index range, you can return 2 or more formats.

Actually 0 or more. Usually you return 1 if you just support the sensor
format in pass-through mode. If you return more, that usually means, that
in addition to pass-through you can also convert that sensor format to
some other format.

> In my case, when the sensor supports YUYV, I'll return 2 and update the xlate
> array with 2 entries, instead of just one, is that right?

Right - because you can pass YUYV 1-to-1 and also convert it to nv12.

Thanks
Guennadi

> Sorry for the noise, and thanks for the patience :)
>
> I've been focusing more on the actual HW functionality, rather than the clean
> design. But now it's time to clean things up and prepare for upstreaming :)
>
> Regards,
> Sergio
>

> > Thanks
> > Guennadi
> > ---
> > Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
> > Freelance Open-Source Software Developer
> > http://www.open-technology.de/

---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
http://www.open-technology.de/