Re: [RFC] snapshot mode, flash capabilities and control

Hi

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Kim, HeungJun wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> I have another question about capture, not related with exact this topic.
>
> Dose the sensor which you use make EXIF information in itself while capturing??

So far we have no sensors, about which we know, that they're delivering
any metainformation with frames. There are a couple of sensors, about
which we suspect, that a part of the image data might be some metadata,
but we don't know for sure.

> If it is right, how to deliver EXIF information from v4l2(subdev or media driver)
> to userapplication?

I don't think this is currently possible and it is among the topics to be
discussed at the coming v4l2-summit.

Thanks
Guennadi
---