Re: [RFC] snapshot mode, flash capabilities and control

...Just occurred to me:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know which drivers stop capture if there are no buffers available?
> > > I'm not aware of any.
> >
> > Many soc-camera hosts do that.
> >
> > > I think this is certainly a good initial approach.
> > >
> > > Can someone make a list of things needed for flash/snapshot? So don't look yet
> > > at the implementation, but just start a list of functionalities that we need
> > > to support. I don't think I have seen that yet.
> >
> > These are not the features, that we _have_ to implement, these are just
> > the ones, that are related to the snapshot mode:
> >
> > * flash strobe (provided, we do not want to control its timing from
> > 	generic controls, and leave that to "reasonable defaults" or to
> > 	private controls)

Wouldn't it be a good idea to also export an LED (drivers/leds/) API from
our flash implementation? At least for applications like torch. Downside:
the LED API itself is not advanced enough for all our uses, and exporting
two interfaces to the same device is usually a bad idea. Still,
conceptually it seems to be a good fit.

Thanks
Guennadi

> > * trigger pin / command
> > * external exposure
> > * exposure mode (ERS, GRR,...)
> > * use "trigger" or "shutter" for readout
> > * number of frames to capture
>
> Add
>
> * multiple videobuffer queues
>
> to the list