RE: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] New subdev sensor operation g_interface_parms

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Aguirre, Sergio wrote:

> Hi,

Sorry, I accept different opinions, and in the end only one of the two
possibilities will be implemented, and either way it'll all work in the
end, but, I don't buy either of these arguments. Complexity - the code is
already there, it is working, it is simple, it has not broken since it has
been implemented. I had it hard-coded in the beginning and I went over to
negotiation and never regretted it.

Hardware damage - if this were the case, I'd probably be surrounded only
by bricks. How configuring a wrong hsync polarity can damage your
hardware?

Thanks
Guennadi
---