Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] New subdev sensor operation g_interface_parms

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Stan wrote:

> In principle I agree with this bus negotiation.
>
>  - So. let's start thinking how this could be fit to the subdev sensor
> operations.

Well, I'm afraid not everyone is convinced yet, so, it is a bit early to
start designing interfaces;)

>  - howto isolate your current work into some common place and reuse it,
> even on platform part.
>  - and is it possible.
>
> The discussion becomes very emotional and this is not a good adviser :)

No, no emotions at least on this side:) But it's also not technical,
unfortunately. I'm prepared to discuss technical benefits or drawbacks of
each of these approaches, but these arguments - can we trust programmers
or can we not? or will anyone at some time in the future break it or not?
Sorry, I am not a psychologist:) Personally, I would _exclusively_
consider technical arguments. Of course, things like "clean and simple
APIs," "proper separation / layering" etc. are also important, but even
they already can become difficult to discuss and are already on the border
between technical issues and personal preferences... So, don't know, in
the end, I think, it will just come down to who is making decisions and
who is implementing them:) I just expressed my opinion, we don't have to
agree, eventually, the maintainer will decide whether to apply patches or
not:)

Thanks
Guennadi
---