Re: Leopardimaging SoC Camera

Dears,

I'm trying to apply Guennadi's patch
(http://download.open-technology.de/BeagleBoard_xM-MT9P031/linux-2.6-omap3isp-bbxm-mt9p031.gitdiff)
to official 2.6.37.1 Kernel version.
I suppose that kernel version is wrong or missing previous patches
(see result at the end).
I have to make it work:  MT9P031 SoC camera module on Beagleboard Xm.
Could somebody help me? Where/how can I get the right kernel version?

Kind regards,

Juliano Valentini
Mobile: +55 51 8161 8366
MSN: jvalentini@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: julianovalentini

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Guennadi Liakhovetski
<g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Juliano
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Juliano Valentini wrote:
>
>> Dear Dr. Guennadi!
>>
>> I'm a researcher at Advance Tecnologia Ltda. (www.pinaculo.com.br), from Brazil.
>> At the this time we are developing right now a solution for help low
>> vision and blind people. We are implementing a small embedded device
>> that converts photo information into audio through a system of
>> capture, OCR and then TTS(Text to Speech). We have chosen OMAP3530
>> platform and processor, we are using Ubuntu Linux as OS with the
>> newest Kernel version.
>
> Well, yes, as you've probably read elsewhere, I've got a kernel with
> drivers and user-space for exactly this hardware - beagleboard xM and
> LM-5M03 / MT9P031. A snapshot of my work is available at
> http://download.open-technology.de/BeagleBoard_xM-MT9P031/ including a
> plain-text description. Please, have a look, this is still very
> experimental, and the description is very scarce. Please, let me know, if
> you have any further question. But then, please, also CC

> Thanks
> Guennadi
>

>> Before our own hardware be ready I'm doing software and hardware tests
>> with a Beagleboard xM, very similar to our target hardware.
>>
>> So, I'm contacting you because we can't do work a SoC camera plugged
>> in the Beagleboard. I have connected the LM-5M03/MT9P031
>> (http://shop.leopardimaging.com/product.sc?productId=50&categoryId=7)
>> to the Beagleboard but the there is no a suitable kernel module to get
>> work with the V4L system.
>>
>> I saw you had written a driver for MT9T031 CMOS Image Sensor. It seems
>> to be very similar to the MT9P031...
>>
>> Can you help us to get things working by porting a suitable module to
>> our platform or simply suggesting another 5 mega pixel image sensor
>> ready to work on our SoC bus?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> Juliano Valentini
>> Mobile: +55 51 8161 8366
>> MSN: jvalentini@xxxxxxxxx
>> Skype: julianovalentini
>>

> ---
> Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
> Freelance Open-Source Software Developer
> http://www.open-technology.de/

-----------
jvalentini@dev-vocalizer:~/vocalizer/beagleboard_xM/bzr/2.6-stable/KERNEL$
patch -p1 < linux-2.6-omap3isp-bbxm-mt9p031.gitdiff
patching file arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile
patching file arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3beagle-camera.c
patching file arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3beagle.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 335.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 556 with fuzz 1 (offset 114 lines).
arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3beagle.c.rej
patching file arch/arm/mach-omap2/devices.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 124 (offset -25 lines).
patching file arch/arm/plat-omap/iommu.c
patching file arch/arm/plat-omap/omap-pm-noop.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 84 (offset -4 lines).
patching file drivers/media/video/Kconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 321 with fuzz 2 (offset -8 lines).
patching file drivers/media/video/Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 70.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
drivers/media/video/Makefile.rej
patching file drivers/media/video/isp/isp.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 174.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 235.
drivers/media/video/isp/isp.c.rej
patching file drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 133.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h.rej
patching file drivers/media/video/isp/ispccdc.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1094.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1111.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 1153.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 2198.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 2206.
drivers/media/video/isp/ispccdc.c.rej
patching file drivers/media/video/isp/ispvideo.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 225.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 259.
drivers/media/video/isp/ispvideo.c.rej
patching file drivers/media/video/mt9p031.c
patching file drivers/media/video/mt9t031.c
patching file include/linux/usb/otg.h
patching file include/media/mt9p031.h
patching file include/media/v4l2-chip-ident.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 292 (offset -1 lines).