Re: [RFD] frame-size switching: preview / single-shot use-case

Hi Guennadi,

On Thursday 17 February 2011 17:46:15 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Let me try to further elaborate on this topic. So far, I think, the
> following provides the cleanest solution to our quick format-switching /
> multiple video-queue problem:
>
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > (2) cleanly separate setting video data format (S_FMT) from specifying
> > the allocated buffer size.
>
> The control flow then would look like:
>
> 	struct v4l2_requestbuffers req;
>
> 	fd = open();
>
> 	/* initialise and configure the first "still-shot" buffer-queue */
> 	bufq.id = -EINVAL;
> 	ret = ioctl(fd, VIDIOC_BUFQ_SELECT, &bufq);

If we're going to introduce new ioctls, I think we should do it right from the
start. Your proposal looks like an interim solution that would be deprecated
when buffer pools will be implemented. I think we should work directly on
buffer pools instead.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart