Re: Kernel configuration for ov9655 on the PXA27x Quick Capture Interface

(replaced the old mailing list address)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Paolo Santinelli wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> thank you for the information.
>
> Can I use or adapt this patch:  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/16548/  ?

You'd have to port it to the current kernel, the patch is almost 2 years
old...

> I Could  use the code from the patch  to direct control the sensor
> register configuration and use the  PXA27x Quick Capture Interface to
> capture data by mean "soc_camera" and "pxa_camera" driver modules. But
> now when I try to load the soc_camera module i get this error:
>
> insmod soc_camera.ko
> insmod: cannot insert 'soc_camera.ko': No such device
>
> Please, could you give mi some tips and indication

No, all the drivers: soc-camera core, camera host driver (pxa_camera) and
a camera sensor driver (ov9655) have to work together. And their mutual
work is configured at the platform level. Sorry, I don't think, I can
guide you in detail through a complete v4l2-subdev / soc-camera driver
architecture. You can try to have a look at one of the multiple examples,
e.g.,

arch/arm/mach-pxa/ezx.c (see a780_camera)
drivers/media/video/mt9m111.c
drivers/media/video/pxa_camera.c

Good luck
Guennadi