Re: [Query] Soc_camera: Passing MIPI bus physical link details

Hi Sergio

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Aguirre, Sergio wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> I have been working internally in a private 2.6.35.7 kernel with the TI OMAP4
> platform, and as I have a very simple camera support driver (It just enables a
> CSI2 Rx Interface), i decided to go for a soc-camera host implementation.
>
> Now, I see that there is a set_bus_param callback function for host drivers,
> which if i understand correctly, it tries to negotiate the bus parameters
> between the host and the client.
>
> But what i notice is that this seems to be mostly oriented towards a parallel
> interface, as most of the things won't make much sense in MIPI CSI2 spec
> (HSYNC_ACTIVE_HIGH, DATAWIDTH_x, etc.)

Please, have a look at this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/27609/focus=28195

> I was wondering what's the best way to be able to tell to the host driver
> MIPI specific details such as, how many datalanes the interface is using, and
> the MIPI Clk speed in which the sensor will be transmitting the data.
>
> Does it make sense to expand this inside the [query/set]_bus_param APIs? or
> Will it be better to implement a new v4l2_subdev_sensor_ops entry, something
> like g_mipi_params?

Don't think we want to add this to subdev sensor-ops. Currently, AFAICS,
there is no support in v4l2_subdev_*_ops for bus parameter configuration,
and we don't want to start adding them chaotically without a general
concept in place.

Please, have a look at the above thread, if after that you still have
questions, please, ask again.

Thanks
Guennadi
---