RE: Memory allocation in Video4Linux

Hi Laurent,

You make this very clear, thank you!

The ISP on Medfield do have its own IOMMU. And I also think an IOMMU layer for ISP is needed.

I'm not quite understand "unless hardware design doesn't give you a choice about that,". Can you explain more on that?

Also regarding to the VCMM (Virtual Contiguous Memory Manager) or CMA, is it also an option?

Thanks
Wen