Re: DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express I2C write failed

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can someone please look into this and possibly provide a fix for the
>> bug? ÂI'm surprised it hasn't happened yet after all this time but
>> maybe it's been forgotten the bug existed.
>
> You shouldn't be too surprised. ÂIn many cases device support for more
> obscure products comes not from the maintainer of the actual driver
> but rather from some random user who hacked in an additional board
> profile (in many cases, not doing it correctly but good enough so it
> "works for them"). ÂIn cases like that, the changes get committed, the
> original submitter disappears, and then when things break there is
> nobody with the appropriate knowledge and the hardware to debug the
> problem.

Good point.  My understanding is that this is a fairly common card so
I wouldn't think that would be the case.  At any rate, hopefully we'll
be able to narrow down the cause of the problem and get it fixed.

Thanks.