Re: difference mchehab/new_build.git to media_build.git ?

vincent.mcintyre wrote:
Thanks for clarifying this. Doesn't this justify a one-line NEWS item?
I can understand not wanting to mention it while still experimental, but now...

Last night (well, actually the wee wee hours of this morning), I took the time to: - add a news announcement regarding media_build on the front page of the wiki - update the http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers article accordingly

I suspect that what has precluded any earlier case of a widely visible announcement being made, beyond those tidbits that have appeared on the mailing list, is a combination of: - the necessity for having someone actually find and take time to perform such an administrative task
- and, amongst most, a case of general unfamiliarity  with the new system
- and, a question of maintainership of the new system and whether or not its status is still classified as experimental or has reached maturity - and, access rights required to modify the Linuxtv proper website in regards to these developments

Speaking of time, I've now expended all of mine, and then some (as per usual), which I can devote to this matter. Hopefully someone can take a look and correct any mistakes I've made or add any points I've overlooked on the wiki. As well, hopefully someone else can take care of the other parts of the website that need to be updated.