Re: Question about Night Mode

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Roberto Rodriguez Alcala wrote:

> Hi, i'm interested in implement the Night Mode for the ov7370 driver, and it
> is done by modifyng 1 bit of the control register 11, but i'm unable to find
> a V4l2 user Control ID for that (Ex: V4L2-CID-NIGHT_MODE). I also think that
> the mentioned feature is quite common in cameras so my question is:
>
> Is there any control commonly used for that feature or it has to be a hack?

I cannot claim, that I understand what all existing controls do, but in
general, I would say, try to think, whether one of them has the same
function, as what you need, is you find one - use it, if not - try to
propose a new control ID. Of course, you can always implement a
driver-private control, using V4L2_CID_PRIVATE_BASE, but it is not for
features, that are common for multiple devices.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.