Re: nasty bug at qv4l2

Hi,

On 12/24/2010 03:20 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Friday, December 24, 2010 15:19:26 Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 12/22/2010 12:30 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hans V/Hans G,

There's a nasty bug at qv4l2 or at libv4l: it is not properly updating
all info, if you change the video device. On my tests with uvcvideo (video0)
and a gspca camera (pac7302, video1), it was showing the supported formats
for the uvcvideo camera when I changed from video0 to video1.

The net result is that the image were handled with the wrong decoder
(instead of using fourcc V4L2_PIX_FMT_PJPG, it were using BGR3), producing
a wrong decoding.

Could you please take a look on it?

I'm pretty sure this is not a libv4l issue (other apps which allows witching
the source work fine), but rather a qv4l2 problem, esp. as it uses libv4lconvert
directly rather then going through libv4l (iirc).

And I'm pretty sure it isn't a qv4l2 issue :-)

For the record: qv4l2 can open a device node either in 'raw' mode bypassing libv4l
and using v4lconvert to convert unsupported pixformats, or in 'wrapped' mode where
libv4l is used for all device node accesses.

Interesting, how does it switch between the modes? Mauro were you using wrapped mode
or raw mode when you saw this ?

Regards,

hans