Logitech C310

Hi, I bought a Logitech C310 webcam. According to the box, it supports 5
megapixel photos and 720p video.
How can I take high-resolution photos from it? Does it work through v4l or a
separate interface?
The camera is working well in mplayer (showing 1280*720 video).

Thanks
Adrian

P.S. I had originally sent this email to video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx more than a
month ago and got no reply. I have just found out now about this list at
vger.kernel.org, and that the redhat one is obsolete.
I think v4l needs a webpage that clearly gives the current information.
http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/ is apparently outdated, and the wiki front page
is not very helpful.
Also, the old mailing list should automatically forward to this list /
automatically reply with info about this list / be closed down.