Re: Power frequency detection.

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 18:13 -0600, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, Andy Walls wrote:

> > The Software for our Sakar branded Jeilin camera was a little smarter.
>
> Oh. So _you_ had a Sakar branded camera. This was one of the things that
> causes problems recently. In gspca.txt we have the supported camera listed
> as
>
> jeilinj         0979:0280       Sakar 57379
>
> which seemed to me to be quite wrong, as (unless I have made a bad
> mistake) the Sakar 57379 has a Jeilin 2005C or D chip inside (proprietary
> interface camera, Product number 0x227, definitely not one of these guys)
> and AFAICT the Jeilin 2005C-D cameras can not be made to stream at all,
> operating only in stillcam mode. So, when I was contacted about this new
> camera I saw that listing and thought it had to be wrong!
>
> Hoping that you still have some way to check what the Sakar product number
> of your cam really was...

The Internet never forgets:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg07025.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg07127.html

It looks like I hypothesized my camera had a JL2008 chips given the AVI
files it created had "JL2008V2C" in it.

I hope that email thread archive has the information you need.

Also there is this thread where Jean-Francois talked about the contents
of gspca.txt:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg08477.html

Regards,
Andy