Re: Power frequency detection.

Hi,

2010/12/18 Theodore Kilgore <kilgota@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Does anyone know whether, somewhere in the kernel, there exists a scheme
> for detecting whether the external power supply of the computer is using
> 50hz or 60hz?
>
> The reason I ask:
>
> A certain camera is marketed with Windows software which requests the user
> to set up the option of 50hz or 60hz power during the setup.
>
> Judging by what exists in videodev2.h, for example, it is evidently
> possible to set up this as a control setting in a Linux driver. I am not
> aware of any streaming app which knows how to access such an option.

Most uvc cameras present this as a control, so any v4l2 control app
should let you access it.
If your camera driver also supports this control then this shouldn't
be a problem for any generci v4l2 app.
here are a couple of ones:

v4l2ucp (control panel)
guvcview ("guvcview --control_only" will work along side other apps
just like v4l2ucp)
uvcdynctrl from libwebcam for command line control utility .

Regards,
Paulo