Re: [GIT PULL FOR 2.6.37] uvcvideo: BKL removal

Laurent,

Em 14-12-2010 08:55, Laurent Pinchart escreveu:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please don't forget this pull request for 2.6.37.

Pull request for upstream sent today.

I didn't find any regressions at the BKL removal patches, but I noticed a few
issues with qv4l2, not all related to uvcvideo. The remaining of this email is an
attempt to document them for later fixes.

They don't seem to be regressions caused by BKL removal, but the better would be
to fix them later.

- with uvcvideo and two video apps, if qv4l2 is started first, the second application
doesn't start/capture. I suspect that REQBUFS (used by qv4l2 to probe mmap/userptr
capabilities) create some resource locking at uvcvideo. The proper way is to lock
the resources only if the driver is streaming, as other drivers and videobuf do.

- with saa7134 and qv4l2 (and after a fix for input capabilities): saa7134 and/or
qv4l2 doesn't seem to work fine if video format is changed to a 60HZ format (NTSC or
PAL/M). It keeps trying to use 576 lines, but the driver only works with 480 lines
for those formats. So, if qv4l2 tries to capture with STD/M, it fails, except if the
number of lines is manually fixed by the user.

- at least with the saa7134 board I used for test, video capture fails on some
conditions. This is not related to BKL patches. I suspect it may be some initialization
failure with the tuner (tda8275/tda8290), but I didn't have time to dig into it, nor
to test with a simpler saa7134 device. The device I used was an Avermedia m135.