Re: Simple request : mini-pcie analog TV capture card

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Fernando Laudares Camargos
<fernando.laudares.camargos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I'm after a somehow quite simple information: I'm looking for a
> mini-pcie TV tuner/capture card. I simply need to plug my cable TV
> decoder to such a card to "watch" TV on Linux. I've got success with a
> Hauppauge 950Q USB stick and TV time but this is not a one-time
> project and we would need to replicate it in a somehow large scale, so
> a mini-pcie card would fit the hardware best.
>
> Does anybody know any mini-pcie model analog card that are still
> available on the market and that is compatible with this need ?
>
> I've looked at linuxtv.org lists but couldn't find one.
>
> Habey has a new model, based on the ATI Theater 750 HD chip, which is
> not supported.
>
> AVerMedia has some models too, but none seems to have analog mode
> working on Linux.
>
> Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

We have MiniPCIe AnalogTV devices which are very well supported.

Basically those devices are using the USB Pins of the MiniPCIe Bus.
All worldwide standards are supported, we have
ATSC/clearQAM/analogTV(NTSC)/VBI/FM-Radio/composite and s-video
are available through reserved pin routing.
A European version is also available.

Tested applications
* http://tvtime.sourceforge.net tvtimehttp://www.videolan.org/vlc/ VLChttp://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html Linux mplayer
* http://www.mythtv.org/ MythTVhttp://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv/ XawTVhttp://zapping.sourceforge.net/Zapping/index.html Zappinghttp://ekiga.org/ Ekiga VOIP (Channel 0: TV Channel 1: Composite
Channel 2: S-Video)
* http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome Motion detection Software

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
http://sundtek.com/images/vivi.png ;(some virtual driver emulation for testing)

Setup shouldn't take longer than a few seconds

Best Regards,
Markus