Media Requests on Video Capture Device

Hi All,

I was trying to implement media requests on a video capture device on
kernel version 6.1. On my video capture device driver I configured the
q settings as
q->min_buffers_needed = 4;
q->supports_requests = true;

To make the application work however I had to comment out the
following lines from videobuf2-core.c
 /*
* This combination is not allowed since a non-zero value of
* q->min_queued_buffers can cause vb2_core_qbuf() to fail if
* it has to call start_streaming(), and the Request API expects
* that queueing a request (and thus queueing a buffer contained
* in that request) will always succeed. There is no method of
* propagating an error back to userspace.
*/
//if (WARN_ON(q->supports_requests && q->min_queued_buffers))
// return -EINVAL;

Regular capture would not work without min_buffers_needed being set
and requests wouldn't work without supports_requests being set.

Does this mean that media requests are not supported on video capture devices ?
Kindly advise on how to proceed.

--
Regards,
Karthik Poduval