Re: [ANN] Media Summit September 16th: Draft Agenda (v5)

On 06/09/2024 20:04, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Mauro,

<snip>

>> Patchwork notification e-mails is about patch reviews, being optional.
>> Most authors won't create accounts at patchwork, but are interested only
>> at the final result. "b4 ty" or similar sounds more appropriate to me.
>
> Does patchwork send notification to the author if they don't have an
> account ?
>
>> Also, having such patches c/c to linuxtv-commits help maintainers,
>> committers and developers to keep track with tree updates.
>
> Who uses linuxtv-commits, and for what purpose ? I know I never look at
> it, but I'm interested in hearing if anyone uses it.

I do. It is easy to search if I want to know if a specific patch was merged,
faster than checking with git. Also I can see immediately when a patch was
merged.

I'd call it a convenience for me, rather than an essential part of my workflow.
I.e., I could do without it, but it is nice to have.

Regards,

	Hans