Re: rtl2832u support

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 16:43 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Jan Hoogenraad
> <jan-conceptronic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I haven't seen any data sheets. At the other hand, Antti was able to create
> > a separated (tuner vs demod) driver, except for IR.
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/rtl2831u/
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/qt1010/
> >
> > I haven't seen a data sheet, but I doubt if it would be of more use than
> > using this example code.
> > My mail contacts (latest in may 2008) focused on getting the code to work
> > and on signing off the code.
> >
> > I'll give my mail contact a try, especially if you have questions that
> > cannot be found in the current code base.
>
> FWIW, in my experience, working code is preferable to datasheets if
> you have to pick.  Often times datasheets are produced pre-silicon and
> aren't always updated properly with the final changes.
I completely agree with that.

however I miss few things in IR code
(it works with protocols the driver in-house decoding supports but fails
for others.)

And few other things.
Sure like I said, I can manage without them.
But if I had datasheets in addition to working code, it would be better.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky