Re: gnutv: What causes DVR overflow?

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM, David Liontooth <lionteeth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Devin! On my end, it looks like the DVR overflow was caused by the
> -out file being on a mirrored OS drive; I've moved output to a separate
> drive and don't see the error any more. If I run into this again, are there
> ways to make this more robust -- for instance, increase the cache size,
> either as a parameter to the kernel module, or in gnutv?

Hi David,

There is an ioctl you can call against the demux filehandle to
increase the size of the in-kernel buffer.  However I have no idea
whether the gnutv application currently plays with this value.  I
suspect you would probably have to add an ioctl() call to the gnutv
source code.

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/dmx_fcalls.html#dms_set_buffer_size

Devin

--