Re: Problem with Compro T200 (TDA1004x) and tuning Hi

Hi Mike,

Am Sonntag, den 21.11.2010, 17:58 +0000 schrieb Mike Martin:
> I am trying to tune channels with this card (which seems to be
> installed OK). However the output is
>
> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 497833000 Hz
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS:
> polling....
> polling....
> polling....

usually, in the UK, this can be caused by the missing ability to detect
some frequencies offsets by the tda10046.

Since you have already a minus of 167000Hz, typically for the UK, in
your initial scan/tuning file, this most common problem likely can be
excluded.

So there are eventually three variants causing the problem on a first
idea.

1. They changed to 498 MHz. (or did change something else too, "auto"
   is your friend in the initial scan file then, except for the freq.)

2. Your overall signal is not good enough.

3. You sit on some kernel with some bug.

Case one and two are not hard to come through, for case three, the
remedies are slipping away.

You might have to install some latest .rc-git stuff, likely without
support for your graphics card, coming up in vesa mode only, try to
record something, and boot back into some kernel with support for
displaying the record, we all have HDTV these days ...

It might look like that, since the mobile devices and webcams took it
all over here ;)

Cheers,
Hermann