Re: [omap3isp] Prefered patch base for latest code? (was: "RE: Translation faults with OMAP ISP")

Hi Sergio,

On Friday 19 November 2010 17:07:09 Aguirre, Sergio wrote:
> Hi David and Laurent,
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Don't forget that Lane is using an older version of the OMAP3 ISP
> > > driver. The bug might have been fixed in the latest code.
> >
> > Hm. We did fix some iommu faults.
> > Maybe it's better to test a newer version instead.
> > If you still see that bug using an up-to-date version, please report it
> > and I can try to help you. :)
>
> How close is this tree from the latest internal version you guys work with?
>
> http://meego.gitorious.com/maemo-multimedia/omap3isp-rx51/commits/devel

There's less differences between gitorious and our internal tree than between
linuxtv and our internal tree.

> I have been basing my patches on top of this tree:
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git?h=refs/heads/media-0004-omap3isp
>
> Would it be better to be based on the gitorious tree instead?
>
> What do you think?

I will push a big patch that ports all the changes made to the MC and V4L2
core, as well as omap3-isp driver, during public review to our internal tree
early next week (should be on Monday). The trees will then get in sync. The
gitorious tree will be updated as well.

Unless you want your patches to be applied before Monday, which won't happen
anyway, please base them on the linuxtv tree :-)

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart