Re: Translation faults with OMAP ISP

On 11/17/2010 04:09 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Lane,

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 00:46:27 Lane Brooks wrote:
Laurent,

I am getting iommu translation errors when I try to use the CCDC output
after using the Resizer output.

If I use the CCDC output to stream some video, then close it down,
switch to the Resizer output and open it up and try to stream, I get the
following errors spewing out:

omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: omap2_iommu_fault_isr: da:00d0ef00 translation
fault
omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: iommu_fault_handler: da:00d0ef00 pgd:ce664034
*pgd:00000000

and the select times out.

  From a fresh boot, I can stream just fine from the Resizer and then
switch to the CCDC output just fine. It is only when I go from the CCDC
to the Resizer that I get this problem. Furthermore, when it gets into
this state, then anything dev node I try to use has the translation
errors and the only way to recover is to reboot.

Any ideas on the problem?
Ouch. First of all, could you please make sure you run the latest code ? Many
bugs have been fixed in the last few months

I had a pretty good idea that this would be your response, but I was hoping otherwise as merging has become more and more difficult to keep up with. Anyway, until I have a chance to merge in everything, I just found a work around for our usage needs, and that is to always use the resizer output and just change the resizer format between full resolution and preview resolution. This has turned out to be much more stable than switching between the CCDC and RESIZER dev nodes.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Lane