RE: Allegro/VCU on Zynq-MP 2023+

Michael,

> Therefore, you can't use the VCU control software or any of the related GStreamer elements, but you should use a user space that handles V4L2 mem2mem devices. For example, you may > use the v4l2videoenc elements (they show up as v4l2h264enc/v4l2h265enc in the running system), which are part of gst-plugins-good.

It all makes sense, and we now get the whole picture.This is very very cool, we will get rid of Xilinx's gstream fork and rely on the official v4l2h264enc.

I confirm we have a new video entry that I did not spot, which is the Allegro DVT.

Now we need to learn how to operate the new pluggin. Unfortunately, it turns out to be one of the few not documented in gstreamer..

Thanks so much for your help. I will keep you updated with our results.
We will then get more familiar with allegro dvt and may submit patches in the future, if some of our requirements are not fulfilled.
Anyways, these a great steps taken towards more software stability