Re: An article on the media controller

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 15:18 -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> I've just spent a fair while looking through the September posting of
> the media controller code (is there a more recent version?).  The
> result is a high-level review which interested people can read here:
>
> 	http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/415714/1e837f01b8579eb7/

As I understand it, the current code patches are a subset of the
ultimate desired/planned  functionality.

So I would need to think about this statement:

"Given that the configuration interface changes a single bit at a time,
there is no need for the sort of transactional functionality that can
make ioctl() preferable to sysfs."

It may very well apply to the current patches, but I'd have to think
about if multiple items would need to be set or queried at one time.

You might just want to add the qualifier "current" when referring to the
interface changes.

Regards,
Andy