Re: new_build on ubuntu (dvbdev.c)

On 11/15/10, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <maurochehab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've added several patches for the new-build today, in order to make it
> compile
> against older kernels. I tested compilation here with both RHEL6 (2.6.32)
> and
> Fedora 14 (2.6.35) and compilation is working fine. Didn't test the drivers.
> I'm not sure if the remote controller will properly work with my quick
> backport.

Thanks  for those changes. The build completes now, with only three warnings.
I do have to say CONFIG_DVB_FIREDTV=n, it appears still to be a
problem on ubuntu.

>>> First dumb question - (I'll try to minimise these)

> The patches generally reverse-apply some upstream change. Andy's approach
> could be done via compat.h. I opted to just backport the upstream patch.
>
> Anyway, there were other problems on it, due to other API changes, and to
> the move of the rc-core from .../IR to .../rc directory.
>
> I opted to simplify the backports, avoiding to duplicate the same patch on
> several different directories.

I see that now, after some quality time in the backports directory. It
does look simpler.

I think my original problem was that somehow the patch in the
2.6.32_series to remove references to noop_llseek() was not applying
cleanly. No idea why, I flushed the logs I kept.

Thanks all, I'll give the new build a test run as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers
Vince