Re: DVB-S/S2 Card for a linux-based dish pointer

Thank you Jason,

I had stumbled on the TBS website while looking for receiver cards, but had not considered them because I was looking
for something supported by the mainstream kernel.

We expect a low volume for the positioner controllers (at least in the beginning), so we want to use as much
off-the-shelf (COTS) parts as possible to reduce sw&hw development to a minimum. Also, I believe that if we use only
what is supported by the mainstream kernel, we would not be tied to a single dvb card model/supplier/version/special driver.

Can the linux dvb support be used in the situation I mentioned?
(- no X running
- send tuning/cps/etc configuration/commands via command line
- get signal strength (dBm?) and quality (BER?), signal lock, and other sat info via command line or api or somewhere in
/proc/ for example)

Best regards,

Joao S Veiga