V4L2 and framebuffer for the same controller

Hi Guennadi,
    I find that your idea of "provide a generic framebuffer driver
that could sit on top of a v4l output driver", which may be a good
solution of our LCD controller driver, or maybe much more other SOC
LCD drivers. V4L2 interface support many features than framebuffer for
video playback usage, such as buffer queue/dequeue, quality control,
etc. However, framebuffer is common for UI display. Implement two
drivers for one controller is a challenge for current architecture.
    I am interested in your idea. Could you elaborate it? Or do you
think multifunction driver is the right solution for this the
scenario?

Jun