Re: [cron job] v4l-dvb daily build 2.6.26 and up: ERRORS

Douglas:

First of all thank you for the support you have done so far.

Hans:

Is it possible to build the tar from
http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/new_build.git
automatically each night, just like the way the hg archive was built ?
I don't have sufficient processing power to run that.

Mauro:

I'm willing to give the mercurial conversion a shot.
I do not know a lot about v4l, but tend to be able to resolve this kind of release-type issues.

The way it seems to me is that first new_build.git should compile for all releases that the hg archive supported.

Then I'd like some support from you as to transfer all current HG branches to the git line. In principle, that should be fixed by the maintainers. If the new_build.git complies well, that should be relatively straightforward.

For me, it would be great if Mauro could transfer these branches automatically at that time to git.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hi Hans,

Provided that we're without a maintainer for Mercurial tree, I doubt that anyone would
fix the problems there. So, I think you should disable the mercurial build reports,
while we don't have any backport tree maintainer.

Cheers,
Mauro