Re:

Hello Jules,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 01:04:37PM +0100, Jules Irenge wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 11:22:53PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> > The driver has most likely bit-rotten over the last few years, as to my
> > knowledge nobody has really tested it recently. The first step would
> > thus be to try to capture images and see how it behaves (or doesn't
> > behave).
>
> This looks like an opportunity for me.
>
> > What hardware will you use for testing ?
>
> About that, I have my PC and a rasberry pi. Would you have an advise
> on which device  I can best use to test ?

You will need a development board with an OMAP4 SoC, and a compatible
camera module. I've used the PandaBoard ([1]) personally back when I
worked on the driver, but I don't recall what camera module I was using.
Looking at ancient git branches, it may have been based on an AR0330,
possibly using a module from Leopard Imaging. This was nearly 10 years
ago though, sourcing the hardware may be fairly difficult.

[1] https://www.digikey.fi/en/product-highlight/t/texas-instruments/pandaboard

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart